06 March 2009

Laura Postcard Collection 159

June 4

My Dear Miss Laura
I have been thinking of writing you since I got here. Agnes told me on the way that you intend to go and help out Mrs. Gruch with serving. Hope everyone at your house are fine. I wish you were here Margaret speaks of you ever so often I had a letter from John today and Margaret had a card saying they were packed and ready to move to some other camp. We drove down to Depere last Thursday it is forty miles we did not get back until that night….went to see Bill last Sunday he was well and contented. Anne of Hughs sisters is helping him in the bank and boys here. We sleep together she is very nice girl Margaret has very nice neighbors no change in Margaret. It has rained considerable since I came here. The crops look much the same as they do at home. I think the gardens home are better. Is there any news around home: but was news? All the folks here are fine and dandy.
Love and best wishes to all from your sincere friend
Mrs. John Heffernan.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin